View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #53
Gami004pilot
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 93375
Subaru Stars

Hello Guys! Need your suggestions please.

I own an 05 STi currently at stg-2 STI (TXS TBE, APv2 and crawford AOS). I'm in my mid 30's have wife and kids and decided to keep our STi as a daily driver.

My STi has 82K miles and I recently got her checked out by my local tuner. Tuner says I need a new turbo as my VF-39 is going out. I don't want to put the same turbo in so...
Long story short..., I'm looking into different turbos and need knowledgeable suggestions. I'm willing to do supporting modifications (injectors, fuel pump, EBCS and more)
For several days I've been researching turbos...and I have been reading into the FP TD05 68hta but then I stumbled on this 71hta (hence why I'm writing on this thread) .

The question is;
-Would this turbo be reliable for long term use (years of use when reliably tuned)?
-Can I use this turbo to grow with future modifications (big intake, headers, intercooler)?
-Are there different configurations for this turbo? If so then, What configuration should I go for for my 05STi?
-IF no for this turbo, then what should I go with?
I don't want to spend more then $1400 on a turbo if this helps.
I would like fast spool (faster then stock if possible and nice top end but I don't need a crazy fast car... just a little more to enjoy since I'm replacing the stock turbo... O! I will auto-x it and road-coarse it once in a while....

I really look forward to your suggestions and info..
many thanks yous in advance...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Gami004pilot is offline   Reply With Quote