Old 12-14-2012, 06:42 AM   #2
Guzzi 1
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 338666
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2014 Impreza Limited
SWP/Blk Leather CVT

I've wondered the same thing myself. After reading the oil threads, I have kept an eye on mine. So far, (knock on wood), the level is at the top of the marks with about 2000 miles on the car since new. Also, I have read where people are not happy with the performance. It's hard to tell if they are just expecting more or what. Going from a WRX myself, I was expecting less. I have been pleasantly suprised that it is better than I expected. Of course it is not the WRX, but that was not what I was going for this time around.

Sqeeks and rattles are one thing, which I'm happy to say I have not has so far. I can't help but wonder if the VVT has been changed, either electronically or with cam profile, or any other puter controled system, such as how the CVT reacts. Short of comparing part numbers, puter maps, or inside knowlege, that may remain a mystery.

Even using the remote start system several times a week has not had a terrible impact on fuel economy. 10 miles one way for work is my routine. Even with warm up time, I'm still above 30mpg, and it is soooooooo nice to get into a warm car!

John
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Guzzi 1 is offline   Reply With Quote