Nomadgene
Scooby Guru

Member#: 22923
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2002 EJ207 V8 1.5xtr
TWIN-SCROLL Black Bugeye

For quicker viewing.

Round 2, Braking. Threshold and Trail.Very good stuff in this one.

Round 3. Slaloms.

Round 4. Understeer and oversteer.

Round 5. Line technique.

Round 6. Electronic stability management or traction control. For those of you who have such technology.

Round 7. For all you folks who want to be like the drift king, Todd Vohr.

Round 8. Lead/Follow. For those who will be on the ice or up at Tanacross this coming year.

Round 9. Racecraft. Or putting it all together.

Final. Round 10. Hot laps.

Another thing you guys can do, and I know how this is going to sound, but trust me. It works.

Those with an Xbox or PS3, get a steering wheel. The Forza series is supposedly pretty good but I haven't played it much except at AKsubie's place during a party. I like the Gran Turismo series. Specifically GT5 and the Formula 1 series. I like doing the in car views and make it as realistic as possible. Manual shift. Damage on. Tire wear on. etc. I also like the artificial intelligence turned up to intermediate or hard levels. I like to simulate longer distance races to build my focus and consistency as well.

I really like the GT5 series because they have a licensing area as you move from basic to more advanced driving techniques. What this does is basically get you thinking about these sorts of moves and techniques more than anything else. Get them solidified in your mind, make the information become an integral part of you that you "know" inside and out, backwards and forwards.

Even still, as good as the simulation is, it is nowhere close to the real thing. The real world has much higher consequences for getting it wrong too. In the end, it is just a training tool.

Have fun with this.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Nomadgene is offline   Reply With Quote