NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 316221
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
06 WRX Wagon Ltd.
UGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devyn339 View Post
I have a question you may be able to help or may not be able to , I have a complete bolt on air ride kit from a 1994 ford ranger and I'm looking to put a kit on my 2012 Subaru Wrx STi, currently I have a set of coilovers on the STi and was wondering if there was a way I could possibly use the kit from the ford to the Subaru or is there anyway I could get bags and put them on my coilovers and use the compressor tank etc from the from the ford to the STi?? The coilovers I have are bc br coils
The bags.. maybe. The compressor and tank, definitely! Are the bags a "bag-over" type of bag? Take a look at this : http://bagriders.com/modlab/products/AERO-SPORT.html. If not, there isn't much you can do for re-using the bags since the new Subies are MacPherson front struts and multi-link rear.

Doing a bag-over setup on the front of Subies is always an option, albeit with a little hammering of your strut towers. The rear on the other hand, is a different story. The 02-07 strut towers are very restrictive to the point where we couldn't fit a double bellow bag on the strut when we were building Subie air struts a couple years ago. The 08+ rear shocks are very short, which makes them not ideal for a bag-over setup, not to mention I doubt an Aero Sport would fit back there given the tight clearance around the rear spring.

If you're interested in hearing more options feel free to shoot me a PM, e-mail john@bagriders.com or just respond here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverF4turbo View Post
As someone who a while ago was against 'stanced' cars (before I stopped caring - now I'm pretty ambivalent), I have to say I'm a huge fan of air ride.

I think it has to do with the retention of ride quality/handling while still getting the 'look' (which is a really cool look when you factor out drivability sacrifices).
I made the same transition at one point Air suspension has definitely come a long way since the old 4-valve systems which handled like a boat and gave air ride a bad reputation for handling. People still hating on the handling of a proper air suspension system definitely haven't ridden in a car bagged on Performance parts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuztomimportz View Post
I believe it actually I'm proves ride and handling not just retain and that's why I'm sold on converting. Not just gotta save :/ lol
Depends on your definition of "good ride quality". If you're currently on a set of coils threaded way down to an uncomfortable/unforgiving height, air ride will definitely ride better! On the other hand, it will handle and ride a bit stiffer than stock suspension, which some folks prefer! With the threaded bodies and adjustable dampers on modern air struts, you can really dial in the ride quality of your preference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supawrx11 View Post
hopefully before xmas . Not yet been busy with work lately, but i have everything ready to install and ill send u some teaser pics how my trunk gonna look
Sounds awesome man, please do!!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Bag Riders Air Ride; 12-17-2012 at 08:11 AM.
Bag Riders Air Ride is offline   Reply With Quote