I'm looking to make the switch to e85 in the spring when I swap turbos. As someone who is new to the concept are there any threads or websites you'd recommend? I have some newb questions and looking to learn more from those of you who have already made the switch.
1) Do you test the e85 for every fill up or just spring/fall when they could have gone to the winter mix? Along the same line of thought if I'm filling up from the same e85 station once or twice a week should I just test monthly?
2) How often (if ever) do you switch back to unleaded (I heard one person say they recommend running a tank of 93 for every 10 - 12 tanks of e85?
3) I am planning to run 93 in the winter and e85 in the summer since the car is a DD? Are others with "real" winters doing the same?
4) There is one station 10 minutes from my house but the next 2 closest are 30 - 40 minutes away. Do e85 stations have it available all the time, every time?
5) As far as I can tell from the forums I'd have only the 2nd ever 5th gen legacy running on e85 so there's not a whole lot of knowledge on the subject. Even called IAG about tuning and it's something they said they weren't very familiar with. Should I just stick to 93 rather than run e85 on an untested platform with a daily driver?
6) When switching back and forth do I need to pump the gas tank dry or just run it till it's on E and fill all the way up with the other (I'm guessing it's the later)