With the holidays coming up and to hopefully get more submissions, I'm going to extend this contest out longer and make the deadline the END OF JANUARY.
This gives everyone about a month and a half to submit photos. From then on, let's try doing a monthly contest instead and see how it goes from there. This month's contest theme:
WINTER IS COMING
This isn't necessarily about weather photos...anything and everything that has to do with winter is a welcome entry. Here are some examples:
Here are the rules carried over from previous assignments, with a modification to make it monthly:
1) Assignments will run monthly with an assignment from the 1st day of the month through the last day of the month.
READ ME FIRST
2) The host supplies a topic and the entrants post 1-3 of their best images.
3) The host judges the winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd). He/she is not eligible to enter.
-The 1st place winner then chooses the next topic, judges the winner and passes on the baton to the new champion.
-For simplicity a new thread should be started by the winner with the new topic.
4) The host should post a sample photo of the assignment topic to "get the ball rolling."
5) To keep a level playing field, *** the photos for the assignment MUST BE TAKEN WITHIN THE ASSIGNMENT PERIOD *** (however, the host may be able to post a photo from outside of this period to give the entrants a sample photo).
6) Each photo should be no larger than 1024 pixels at its largest side
7) Borders or Watermarks are not permitted
8) Post the camera type, lens, and if possible the EXIF data, (shutter speed, aperture, ISO, etc) with the photo.
9) Photographers should also be from the NWIC. This isn't because we are a bunch of elitist jerks, it's a way to keep the number of photo submissions down to a manageable level for the judging and because it is an NWIC photographer assignment after all
10) Violations of the rules listed herein may lead to the deletion of your submission.