Old 12-17-2012, 05:35 PM   #10
Nomadgene
Scooby Guru

Member#: 22923
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2002 EJ207 V8 1.5xtr
TWIN-SCROLL Black Bugeye

^^Thanks Chano. I appreciate your contributions to the community as well. I look forward to your participation next season.

I propose those interested get some online racing going together in the off season. Me and Taylor (coldfireMX) have had some great sessions in GT 5. I am on the PS3 system. My handle is Nomadak. Send me a request and let's turn some laps. You'll be amazed at what you can pick up.

I've said this before, but many here are new, so I will say it again, for those of you doubting the benefit of this video stuff. Ben Spies is a 3 time AMA super bike champion. Yamaha hired him several years ago after his 3rd US championship. They wanted to go WORLD SUPERBIKE racing. Ben had never been to many of the tracks on the schedule. The way that usually goes is a rookie rider comes into the series and spends a year or two getting used to each track on the calendar before getting good results. Ben had a secret weapon. He used simulation video games to learn the tracks each week. He ended up setting POLE Position at several tracks on the schedule despite NEVER being at that track prior to the qualifying sessions. He won the championship in his ROOKIE year, something relatively unheard of, then moved on to the top level of motorcycle road racing, MOTOGP.

Still don't believe me. check out some of the testimonials here http://www.iracing.com/testimonials/

Still don't believe me. Jake (getagrip) has a very cool setup at his pad…we all know what he can do with pretty much any car out there. Steve Thomas (license plate V8KLLR) here in town too, got me racing F1. It has been of great benefit keeping my reaction times and race craft moving forward.

Steve

Retrac Engineering's set up

Little Nomad. Give him about 5-6 more years. He'll be ripping it up.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Nomadgene; 12-17-2012 at 09:03 PM. Reason: added pics
Nomadgene is offline   Reply With Quote