Scooby Guru

Member#: 23676
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowTrackImpreza View Post
1. HP at the WHEELS- looking for around 350whp...ish, happy with 320whp

2. What type of dyno- dynojet

3. what shop it is- All Aspects , probably going to have a guy Shad tune it, he has always pulled great RELIABLE numbers out of our track cars.

4. Where do you live- Hampton Roads, sea level

5. octane level- Shell 93...always, and will drive 20 miles to get it over bp sludge, bp always tests out lower octane here by the local college ODU, shell typically tests out about 96 to 97 octane

6. Are you opposed to a FMIC? I have a front mount now.

some more info, its is a version 6 ej207 sti swap, no ac, fmic, 2.75" TBE, intake is fabbed. currently has vf28 turbo running 19psi
self tuned (i know what im doing somewhat it is running on an AEM EMS-4 standalone

i know i will have to upgrade turbo and the 440cc injectors, got a td05 turbo sitting on the shelf at the shop tight now, been debating if it is a waste of time.

I have a TON of experience modding cars, this is my first endeavor in subaru though, typically honda, nissan, cobras and toyota inlines (2j,1j,7m) you get the point. this boxer is harder to rebuild than my rotary was lol thanks for the input guys.

TD05-20G 8cm with a 44mm EWG, run about 19 maybe 20 PSI. Should put you where you want to be with reasonable spool up.

As for swapping from a vf28 to a td05, depends on a few things.

1. If you are good at swapping turbos and have gaskets (in other words if it wont take you long, like I can swap turbos in ~20 minutes) and can adjust your own tune, go for it. EVen a 16G will be minorly better. Not better peak, but a little more responsive. If you have to pay ANYTHING< then don;t bother if its a 16G

2. What Td05 is it? 16/18/20G all come in TD05 versions. If its an 18G or larger, then its worth doing if you can do it CHEAP. If its a 16G, see above. If its a 20g, yes, do it, its the turbo you want.

And it sounds like you have already figured this out, but take what you know about tuning on all those other cars, and basically throw it out the window. Subies are pretty unique in their tuning needs fuel/timing wise.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Davenow is offline   Reply With Quote