Member#: 142608
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2003 Sonic Yellow
Marginally well behaved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppayer38 View Post
You mean this post? The 1 I posted haha

It is true but I forgot Subaru got a different 68HTA... The new 71HTA is nothing more then a DSM 68HTA with a new compressor housing. The performance will not be much different on pump but E85 will show better gains as already stated by me haha. I've done my research on this turbo through DSM's and Evo's. also chatted with FP so there ya have it...
I honestyly didn't even look back at who posted that before...glad we're on the same page there at least.

I have done my research also...Except i have done it on Subarus. My car was the mule for the prototype of this turbo. So for several months i was the only one with it. I have spoken to Rob in person and at great length about it during the design process and helped provide data back about the performance of the turbo.

Statements like the one about the compressor cover being the only difference (even if it is on the DSM/EVO) is how things get screwed up and misinformation gets spread. I understand your experience is with DSM's...but this is a Subaru forum, and we all know that DSM's and Subarus respond drastically different to the exact same turbo.

I can tell you from what i have observed on my own car that the Subaru HTA71 is nothing like the Subaru HTA68 on pump gas.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Squidz is online now   Reply With Quote