View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 07:25 PM   #2222
BretAZ
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 320866

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rememo View Post
Has anyone that owns an oil burner tried switching to non-synthetic oil?

It should probably be done by someone who is out of warranty, since Subaru could technically deny warranty work because they recommend synthetic oil in the owner's manual.

I'm with everyone else here though... I've owned a LOT of cars, and besides my old beaters from the '70s, not one of them has burned oil.

I'll be keeping a close on my new Impreza. I just got rid of a 2012 Focus, after owning it for a year, 'cause it was driving me nuts. I don't need the Impreza to do the same.
If you are following the recommended OCI, you will most likely see these lights come on unless you add oil. Apparently the red light coming on dimly is a sign of an electrical problem per two different Subaru dealers (which I tend to believe since my red light goes out when you turn the headlights off and back on when you turn them on). My guess is if you are following the 7,500 mile OCI the lights will start coming on somewhere within the last 1,500 miles of your 7,500 mile interval.

I had been following this closely, hoping this oil light issue would not surface, but it did.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
BretAZ is offline   Reply With Quote