Old 12-21-2012, 04:17 AM   #10
blkgm8
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 184543
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
JDM RHD GM8 Type R
02 6 Speed Bugeye

Use any PC running windows xp. Search files and folders. Type hyper terminal and two files will show up... hyperteminal.exe and hyperterminal.dll. It might show up abbreviated like hypertrm.dll or something iirc.Anyway just copy those two files to a flash drive and put those two files in the c drive of the newer laptop running windows vista or 7 etc. Might want to place hyperterminal shortcut on desktop for future use.

You now have hyper terminal... click on the exe and run. It will ask for new connection etc name connection Utec and save as for future sessions. Do the com port setup and other small things per user manual and all set. The hyper terminal screen will do nothing until you turn on acc power to utec. Then you will see utec main screen come on in black on hyper terminal.

*To play with maps in utec at home without 9v adapter, go to a music store and buy a Roland 12v power supply for a keyboard or drum machine. Bring utec and make sure plug fits. Presto. Have fun playing with maps and options without sitting in the car without that silly 9v battery thing. How did I know this would work... it seemed logical that any 12v power supply would work because that's what runs powered devices in the car, a 12v battery. I had some spare power supplies in a box... found a 12v that fit and it was the one made by Roland. Works perfectly.

Any issues send me a pm
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by blkgm8; 12-21-2012 at 04:27 AM.
blkgm8 is offline   Reply With Quote