SZRimaging
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 314053
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza
Marine Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus911 View Post
We got a lot of snow up here in Michigan, but unfortunately my car is in Massachusetts (visiting family)
I got to play in the snow this morning...and last night....

That said, I miss winter tires. Low Rolling Resistance tires + ice = oxymoron.

The hills on some of the roads were slushed up and slick, I had to turn TC off to actually make it up (it kicked in constantly while driving straight line just fine).

On the other hand, I am wondering if I have a hole in my exhaust. Looks like it is already very rusty. Only had the car since June...

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrt1987 View Post
im going to ask a terrible question so bear with me:

why are these cars fun in the snow (with or w/o snow tires)? is it because its easier to drive without sliding? or you can attempt to "drift" where as a fwd wouldnt gain control after losing it? <-- I doubt this one.

my first car with awd and not much snow in jersey past couple seasons. it sounds like a stupid question but im curious, thx for your patience lol
Because they are predictable, loads of traction, and easy to control. The loads of traction allows you higher speeds than a normal FWD or RWD vehicle in things such as snow.

As for regaining control in AWD vs FWD, never had an issue with a properly equipped (Hakkepalettas) with my old Golf. Get her sideways, point the nose, power out.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SZRimaging is offline   Reply With Quote