Old 12-22-2012, 10:54 AM   #13
kpluiten
Scooby Guru

Member#: 120273
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
06 WRBWRXWGN
Now with 100% more Spec-C

Are those EJ251 heads a typo or are you doing some freaky motor assembly?

Also, you're forgetting AVCS. If you truly want the best shot at no lag, you want to figure out AVCS. And it can be done. Especially with a stand alone like you mentioned. However, be careful with the stand alone as that makes passing emissions here not possible. If you care about such things; if you can stay registered in Alaska, that might be better.

So are you ditching your AC? I've yet to see a V-mount kit that keeps AC, but perhaps they can be done. It can be done with the flipped manifold too, but is difficult to package cleanly. I ask because no AC in the valley is a terrible thing. I've gotten into my car and had it be nearly 170 inside! Even with the windows down, it's still going to be 120 plus rolling down the freeway. But to each their own.

Sorry for the abrasive tone in the previous post, I realized that and edited it, but not soon enough it seems.

E85 is nice because it is so damn simple. Really you setup your car for it and forget it. You're not having to constantly refill your system and check for leaks/clogs and monitor flows and design fail safes, etc. That said, I have a spec-c tank and HFS-6 kit in itching to install for no reason other than i like installing things and is a sweet setup.

Here's where I did some work to my car:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2061849
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
kpluiten is online now   Reply With Quote