Scooby Newbie

Member#: 287960
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
1999 Impreza OBS
Glacier White

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElekShun04 View Post
Anyone know if there's some sort of policy for living in the barracks at Lewis being an nco? Cuz in some posts if you're an NCO they give you BAH to live off post. Is Lewis like that or would it be some sort of commander discretion FSBP thing?
I'm actually my unit's barracks NCO, so to answer your question....
E6 and above, you get BAH.
E5 and below, you live in the barracks.

Exceptions to this (where you get BAH):
1. Single and you have a dependent full time, or if it is a kid, joint custody.
2. Married, and spouse is civilian (spouse does not have to be here as well, but your orders must say accompanied).
3. Married, and spouse is military, but stationed elsewhere. (possible to get some BAH, but not full)

Fort Lewis policy is that until POST WIDE barracks capacity is 95%, no single, un-married E5 will be given BAH. As it stands right now, post wide is barely hitting 58% capacity. (it also includes north fort and now includes McChord, the entire JBLM facility). So even if your unit's barracks are full up, they will have to put you in another unit's barracks. Hell, one of my two buildings I manage is filled with 6 different units worth of people.

So if you're like me, an unmarried E5 with no kids, welcome to life in the slave quarters... er, Barracks.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
TOlsenAK is offline   Reply With Quote