Old 12-23-2012, 09:31 PM   #11
Oliver_Jay
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 341469
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2007 WRX Sti
Black Obsidian Pearl

Thanks a lot guys... I mean, when I test drove it, I pushed her and she didn't cackle over or anything. I really figured it was just an honest-to-God great condition STI! I apologize for me being naive... But I really just wanted the car... I acted mostly on impulse, more than anything. And here I thought I had my payments straight and whatnot..

First off, I don't drive her hard. I keep my rpms low, and I don't go around racing people at stoplights or anything like that. True, I lack experience in the mechanical field, but this is one huge learning process! I'm not entirely bummed, and I'm almost determined to keep her. Returning her might be a last resort, but I'll be back with another sti, no doubt! There are 95k miles on the car, but it drives as if you're test driving a brand new car! It was my first time behind the wheel of an actual car that matters since I drove a belt squealing 93 civic dx paint chipped sun dried tomato back in high school...

Thanks for the input, and I'm happy with the amount of feedback I got in such a short time. I'm all for Subarus over Mitsubishis anyday, for the record.

I'll update you all on what the dealership says tomorrow... And I'll bring Cobbs report and hopefully they can work something out with me...

Dream scenario is that they drop my payments or help with a leakdown/rebuild... Cobb says my blocks are still good, it's most likely internal. And I've read a couple more threads, and when it's the driver side cylinders, it's normal due to Subaru engines weight distribution, and could simply indicate a damaged head gasket.

The leaking cam seals are very minor though, however could that be a cause of lost compression?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Oliver_Jay is offline   Reply With Quote