View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 08:16 AM   #52
IveBeenRued
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 305466
Vehicle:
2012 Sport Limited
Black

I was in Central New York for the past few days and they got about 15 inches over 5 days so I decided to take my car out into my parents back yard. I have the Goodyear Comfortread Touring tires on and I can verify that this vehicle is a tank in the snow. I then tested my sisters 2003 Chevy trailblazer in the same snowy back yard and got it stuck. My Fathers 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee made it through but just barely(had to keep the momentum up). The Chevy was so heavy it sank into the deeper snow and with the lack of traction control it just started spinning one wheel in the front and one in the rear. The Subaru did absolutely fine and I was about to stop and start in the deep snow without issue.

Also on one day that they were getting about 6 inches I decided to take it from Canastota to Cazenovia through the hills just to see how it would do. It did fine on untreated roads with about 5 inches on everything and drifts that were about 12-18 inches deep of moderately dense snow.

I even stopped several times on the steepest hills I could find just to see if it would climb up it and while it would go a little squirrely in the back-end the VDC and TC would kick on and keep it pointing straight. My only concern is that while accelerating up slippery hills I would hear a clicking coming from my shifter. I have never hear this before under any other conditions but I could duplicate it ever time I would accelerate up a icy hill.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
IveBeenRued is offline   Reply With Quote