Purified Dick

Member#: 4562
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
1995 Legacy LSi
1998 Forester, lifted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRAPPYDO View Post
I just want to cry foul on the knock against the Pagani interior. I would argue that it may be a tad on the garish side, but the quality is beyond reproach and I would further the statement by saying the interior is one of the things that made Pagani what it is today. It certainly was not performance. All supercars are fast... blah blah 600 HP, blah blah 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. A dozen cars match that spec already. Any Joe Blo can drop a supercharged LSX into a light car and get those specs (cough cough Hennesy). Displacement plus FI = mad speed. Been that way since the 1950's. Bored of it.

A new supercar tries to break into the market and make waves every month it seems. Uber cars appear from Spain, Czech., Ukraine, etc. They all try to wow us, but the problem is that you cannot wow anybody with numbers alone. It is just too easy to get into the 500+ HP realm. A 20 year old with a Small Block Chevy can build one outside of his trailer in Louisiana (ask me how I know )

So what is a supercar producer suppose to do to make an impression on a market saturated with wannabe ferraris?

The equation that Pagani discovered in my mind was largely influenced by that interior. It is like nothing else. Radical, but of high quality. Comparing to a civic is not right. THis is what Civics try to emulate. But miserably fail. It is well known that the exterior of supercars are bonkers. It is a requirement of sorts. But Pagani took the very high road and made the interior bonkers as well, and it made them into a well respected super car.

What I am getting at, but taking my sweet time getting to the point is that the LFA has checked all the boxes. It is wicked to look at on the outside, it is VERY nice on the inside, it is immensely fast, it makes a noise like no other car out there. It has aspects that make it unique, and that alone makes it worthy of at least an exotic title, if not super car.
A tad on the garish side? Black or brown leather, a decent steering wheel and hide the speakers and it would be perfect.

Bright red with a Momo steering wheel and speakers that look like a 16 year olds stereo install? Pass.

But hey, that's what makes buying a super car fun. Want your Lamborghini with a whale penis leather interior dyed neon pink? No problem sir!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Hondaslayer is offline   Reply With Quote