Scooby Newbie

Member#: 107573
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX hatch
Ice Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
Yeah, it's kind of a mediocre design, IMO. But I doubt it will change. People have been dealing with it for years, and doing it right would cost more so people would still probably just buy the current ones.

Depending how bad you mess them up you can probably just run a tap through the threads and clean them up. Worst case you'll have to retap a larger size. Not the end of the world, but still a pain.
I ended up stripping one of mine. They were pretty easy to get to honestly, and I would have been done with the front and rear bushings in less than an hour. Then after getting one bolt in and not being able to get the other one in perfectly, I had stripped one of the threads in the body because the effing holes in the bushings weren't far enough apart to line up both bolts. I had to cut notches in the stock bolt and run it in the threads to 'tap' them back out. Then put one bolt in and push the bushing to the side with a pry bar to get the other bolt started and in correctly. I wanted to murder whoever made that bushing (TWM...). Their response was "oh we don't actually make the bushing, guess the tolerances are slightly off, tough toodles".
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
dcorn is offline   Reply With Quote