Old 12-28-2012, 03:20 AM   #693
my0six
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 341826
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2005 WRX MY06
Light Bluish Silver

Hello all. Thanks to everybody that's posted on this forum, although I do agree that it could be refined, but on that note, congratulations on me reading the entire thing... Holy sh.., what a mission!

Okay, so I bought a late 2005 manufactured MY06 (AUDM, as I'm in Australia), in October. Drove it away, stoked... then noticed a whining sound. I contacted the stealership and they told me that, as I lived two hours from the service centre, I should get it checked out at my next service...

Long story short, if I had taken it in when I first noticed, instead of taking their advice to "not worry about it", it would be covered under warranty.

Now here's where it gets interesting:

Not to take anything away from all the people on here that have complained about the $600 parts quote to fix this thing, but I was quoted $3759 for a new air pump

Seriously, over 3k for this thing!!!

Needless to say, I've ordered the plates from KS tech and have no intention of ever revisiting the stealership where I bought the car, but I just thought I'd let you all know, things are different down under.

Also, the MY06 down here (AUDM) appears to have the two valves, but NO PRESSURE SENSOR.

Anyway, don't wanna ramble, thanks everybody for your input, I've learnt heaps reading this single (massive) thread and it's made the decision to rip this heap of junk out a lot easier...

P.S. for the guys that keep asking "why do it, it's only 10lbs??!!", well for me, it's 4.5kgs (haha, sorry, had to) AND $3700 in parts, plus $130ph labour. Rip off merchants made the delete a no brainer.

Cheers for the good work guys, awesome site!!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
my0six is offline   Reply With Quote