Member#: 274979
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2004 STI
silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyf983 View Post
Mark,

Thank you for your reply. I am referring to the kit that includes two gaskets for the manifold, a fuel rail, 2 small hoses and one larger hose. I am going to do the fix myself, so that's why I'm asking. I have already exhausted myself trying to deal with subaru to fix the issue. They won't cover it. Since I will have the intake manifold off, I'm wondering what else people think is a good idea to do/upgrade at the same time.
How I dealt with it on my '04 STI: Just before 60000 miles (11/2008), went to dealer for final warranty work- asked for help with fuel leak, and clunking struts. Fuel leak was addressed by tightening clamps on lines and was told "could not duplicate" on clunk. (Have since replaced all four corners with Feal Suspension re-valved OEM- thanks Odi. The car went through both original rear struts and one of the replacements under warranty).
Fuel leak soon returned and had to endure winters of '09, '10 and '11 and was repeatedly told out of warranty but I pressed on with SOA and emphasized the problem being a fire hazard and having been reported before 60K miles and they agreed to cover half of the cost if done by authorized Subaru dealer. (~$900). Still think they should have covered total cost but generally satisfied with outcome. A fuel pressure regulator was also replaced FYI. Car is stock with the exception of the modded struts.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
jbwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote