Member#: 442
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2013 Crosstrek XV
00 Honda S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimfit View Post
This kinda peaked my interest

8500 RPM redline? Might be a new engine, but still nice to see that Honda's not done with high revving motors.
That's a shot of an AP2. There's nothing different in that you can't already get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke
While the extra torque was nice, I really miss that 8900 rpm redline. There was just something so psychologically satisfying about being able to almost hit 9K rpms in a such a well engineered Honda engine (It's still one of the best production engine heads to date, not to mention N/A power/liter was astundingly high as well).
My '00 AP1 needs engine work for a random misfire. Becoming REALLY common, and the code is so damn generic it's stumping a LOT of people. I haven't driven it in a year... mostly because it's (probably) going to be thousands to repair, head work, etc... on a head that has 189k miles.

I've traced down lots of things, but it stems from low compression in Cyl2. No leakdown test yet to determine where, because I don't have the tools to do so. I want to bring it to a decent, reputable shop and say "make it pass OBD insepection".

--KC
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
KC is offline   Reply With Quote