Scooby Guru

Member#: 159474
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RancerEvorution View Post
Lol I own an STi, I rub my drivetrain in other car enthusiast's faces. Its my out dated hunk of boxer that is doing the party pooping.

It all started with a little oil consumption, I'm talking a quart every oil change. It got worse and a quart would disappear ever thousand or so miles. Then came some detonation, a count of knock here, a count of knock there and on rare occasions two counts. I was TOLD it was nothing to worry about since the car was performing well over expectations (trapped 114.7 on 93oct).

The car started running like ****, I assumed it was a boost leak. I did a boost leak test, and found the leak (I think) and proceeded to do some test runs. AFRs where in the mid 12's at WOT and boost was only at 16 lbs. I put the car away and it blew up the next morning.

Seriously, oil consumption + detonation is most likely a broken motor. if you think your engine is going to go soon, I would go back to stock and hope the dealership didn't red flag your warrantee like they did to me.

/rant
There will always be people that say, "Well, this is what happens when you mod your vehicle." However, these cars are blowing up WAY too soon for the mods thrown at them, in my opinion. Barely two years old or so, it's just disappointing.

My transmission comment was me including my issues with my WRX having a faulty shift fork from the factory. I would have loved to have gotten another STI after having had a 2005 STI and seeing the sedan was returning for 2011, but I just felt the Limited was overpriced and the base was lacking in amenities. I can't get myself to care about the current gens anymore, either, although I would love to have one as a project car in about 5-8 years or so if the new STI is hideous.

Promise to always love your STI transmission for all that it's worth!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote