Old 12-29-2012, 01:37 AM   #30
hi5.0
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 340456
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNevets View Post
I got mine at the local hardware store, I think the clerk said it was the same style as some Toyota's. Just told him no chip, just a metal door key, and he knew exactly what I meant (it happens to be an ilco P1114 B110). 5 min. and a few bucks later and I was on my way. The grip of the key is fairly large, but it fits my wallet fine. One could always cut it down if they felt it was too big.

Like I've said before I'm sure this is overkill, and I hope I never have to use it, but for a few bucks it's cheap insurance.
I have the same metal key - it's a GM blank that was cut at a local locksmith's shop since none of the hardware store clerks had a clue - "if there is no blank for a 2012-2013 Subaru Impreza, it must not exist. Go to the dealer." Confirmed it by testing the factory key and the copy at a Home Despot's key cutting station. Wanting to do a flip key mod so I can store the remote/key in a key safe when I go surfing - the friggin' factory one will not fit. My cousin's Kia Rio came with factory flip keys fer cryin' out loud.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
hi5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote