View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 11:28 AM   #250
FaastLegacy
Scooby Guru

Member#: 11671
Chapter/Region: SWIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentinberg007 View Post
I just find it highly amusing because those that rant about the BRZ not having enough power are likely not complaining about the ST's power output. It just highlights that for most car enthusiasts planting your foot on the go pedal is what makes a car fun.

I don't buy cars on track times. My MINI S is unlikely to come close to any of these cars on a track but it is still a blast to drive and it makes me smile. Yup, a portly V8 charger will ape rape my MINI around any given track except for the tightest of auto-x courses, but I'd chose my MINI every single day.

I also find these lap times amusing because the ST is OT's latest hotness. OT keeps telling me that the BRZ is just an underpowered, not-that-light, smaller, RWD Impreza.
I think OT likes the ST because we're aging, reproducing and need something more practical than a tiny two door coupe. If I were 19 again, sure, I'd be all over a BRZ. Now, I value practicality, for as little as my car has, and what I have currently is as impractical as I'm willing to go. If owning an ST were a significant financial savings over what I have now, I'd be all over it. But I don't owe much on the 'stang so it makes sense to keep it as long as I remain childless.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
FaastLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote