Old 12-31-2012, 12:35 AM   #1803
WreaKLoosE
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 165300
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2006 WRX
Steel Gray Met.

Hey subie guys and gals, I did this this weekend..

Here what I did.

Grimmspeed phenolic 8mm spacers and 2 gaskets for each spacer.
I have a DBW TB so I had to give my intake manifold some dremmel love and notch out some space for the TB gear box. and run two TB gaskets. (careful I went too low on a runner and went through had to get it welded back up.) The only wire that Needed to be longer was the TB wiring. Taking off some of the electrical tape and wire loom will give you the length needed for other various connections on the wire harness. The next thing that was needed to get done to complete this was to ROTATE the alternator (pro tip: The Grimspeed Phenolic 8mm spacer comes with new set of TGV Bolts longer ones.. Use one of the old ones to replace the Long Alternator bolt. Use a 12 mm bolt and nut for the belt tensioner.) Found a new location for my BOV and the return hose and had my FMIC piping cut and re-welded. then BOOM bobs your uncle. It wasn't too bad but I would say this is not something you can do in a weekend.. Because you need to get stuff welded up One more thing about the alternator.. The post for the power wire to it needs to be rotated as well.. There is a plastic peg that needs to be ground down and then you can rotate it as needed. Its close to the Green wire harness on the alternator but you can make it fit.. I also used a 33.5 belt. Autozone 335K5 is what I used.. I like the look of a rotated intake just VERY close to the hood.. Ill trim it later.. I also will get some other pictures updated later from the intake manifold.
hope this helps..
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
WreaKLoosE is offline   Reply With Quote