Member#: 198281
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative wrx View Post
how much longer do you expect before these kits will on on the market
It feels like it's taking f-o-r-e-v-e-r!!! Having to have a second built motor is what's causing the delay. Being the engineer that I am, I can't just leave well enough along. I'm way more involved with the building process than I should be, adding my own changes, tweaks and so forth to the build. So it's just taking a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by induction addiction View Post
There is way more flow capacity, with that filter/elbow setup, than that turbo will ever need. I don't see it as a choke point. We'll see if things change with the GTX3576-R, but I'd be really surpised if it did.
Is room an issue with running a 4 inch inlet on the turbo??[/quote]

From this pic you can see, there is room of you don't mind making a minor cut for some clearance. This is something we did on the very first go around and I never liked it. I was very skeptical to CNC mill the compressor housing and use the inlet reducer, but having access to engineering resources as Garrett is handy for things like this. The data showed no reduction in flow and a bit of an improvement in surge characterisitics

Performance wise, we saw no difference. I somewhat expected the turbo to sound different is some way, but there was zero audible difference in air sucking, turbine/compressor whine, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk25rsti View Post
Subscribed. Very interested to see what's to come!
Us too! We're working on something else, very preliminary too. Unfortunately (I think so far), it will only be for GRs, but if we can get the goemetry to work there will no longer be any comparisons (performance wise) to other kits. For the GDs, it's starting to look like, what you see is what you get, which isn't exactly a bad thing. More torture testing to come.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by KillerBMotorsport; 12-31-2012 at 08:20 AM.