Scooby Newbie

Member#: 274436
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2011 STI
Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbibbles View Post
Are you able to flash a standard MAF rom to the 02 ecu? Also make sure your flash block jumper wires are making good contact.

I'm not able to do that . That's what I've been trying to do all along. I'm trying to get a maf/standard tune on the wrx so that I can drive it for the next few weeks until I can install my new motor. Still no luck. I've checked the flash block but I'm only getting 5v there. I'm assuming it doesn't matter for the 04/05 ecu because it flashes every time.

I've read using a jumper wire from a 12v source should do it but I've tried to both wires to the flash block but still nothing. Still giving me zero volts. I'm tempted to go through the pinout on the ecu then sending it directly there when the ignition is on.

I've seriously found very little to nothing on this problem. People usually get whatever their voltage is at the flash block (mine is 4.5-5v) but my ecuflash reading is still 0.00... I can't tell if it's pulling this number from the ecu or from the obd port. I would assume the wires are connected to the same place on the ecu.

Maybe it's a bad ecu? I just wouldn't think that I could read the image perfectly, read the learning view, and test write. Just doesn't make sense.

Regardless, thanks for your response!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
kaleonearth is offline   Reply With Quote