View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 08:17 PM   #89
lodown1
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 200596
Vehicle:
98 Forester 3.0R

Not much progress on the car since summer, but it is still running real good, I might see about getting a baseline dyne run in before school starts up again in a few weeks.

Other wise I have been slowly making progress on a few parts, remeber that picture of the ATS DTM center lock wheels well here are some photos of various parts needed to convert the stock sit hubs to run centerlock wheels

Pressure disks, centering cones, and a prototype center bolt.

Close up view of center bolt and underneath of centering cone showing the pockets for preventing the bolt from backing off.

Modified hub, I cut a "castle" pattern into the hub register so the centering cone can lock into the hub and prevent the bolt from backing off.

assembled parts ready for wheel, the lock ring prevents the centering cone from moving away from the hub.

18x10 ATS DTM centerlock wheel

So nearly done with all the parts. I still have to machine the actual adapter bolts the one in the pictures is a prototype aluminum, the real ones will be 6al-4v titanium. Once i get those done it will be a matter of getting tires and making my fenders wider
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
lodown1 is offline   Reply With Quote