Add Lightness

Member#: 13699
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2007 Lotus Elise
(From General)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexblake View Post
I do hate Subaru and I did buy an Evo. Subarus are fine, but if one wants to make any kind of decent power it's a terrible platform. I wish someone would have told me that years ago, I would have saved so much money.

Subaru is a decent all around cheap car, the wrx even leads in most categories against its competition. If one wants a legitimate sports car though, a wrx/STI isn't the way to go. It serves a purpose, but I know there are better cars out there.

I'd say I stick around to expense knowledge and try and help kids avoid the same mistakes I made. I also really enjoy the community, at least I used too anyway. Seems there are way to many idiot fan boys out now. Then again, it's serious fun ****ing with them...
I can see your point and for YOU, the evo might be a better car. That doesn't mean that it's a better car for everyone.

I think one good thing about nasioc is that it is never a fanboi fest. If someone comes on and says that he's a student with limited funds but can scrape together $3k for a car and is looking for a Subaru that as he gets more money, he'll mod it.........you don't see a ton of people jumping in and encouraging him to buy a Subaru "because it's the best and way cool and how could he go wrong". I know I jump in myself and recommend that he find a mid 90's stock Civic because it makes more sense for his situation.

There are certainly forums where the fanbois rule and nothing is in focus besides their silly car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxl98 View Post
You know it's getting pretty bad when a NASIOC chapter "moderator" says:

"While I take every chance to bad mouth Subaru (mostly because you all cry like little bitches)...."

"Conclusion- from someone who is really over subarus and probably will never own one again......."
can you pm me a link to where a moderator said that? I searched didn't find that quote anywhere.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.