Old 01-02-2013, 03:03 PM   #57
Power6
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 72730
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2001 Lexus ES300,
2005 Outback XT

I would agree the Basslink isn't going to beat any real sub setups. I think people forget you don't have to buy the latest amp and sub, there is some decent cheap stuff out there that you can put together for less. It is a nice unit though at least it plays a full range of sound, I think it blows away any of the the little underseat subs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan87us View Post
I do listen to music that comes with a lot of bass however I don't want to listen to music with too much bass to the point I can feel it shakes.
The purpose of a bigger speaker is to play a lower frequency of sound properly. Playing "louder' is not the point. A good full range audio system will have a few different sizes of speaker to reproduce the full range of sound.

This gets confused because stock audio systems are sort of perverted, they know they aren't going use a subwoofer, and the budget for the speakers is a couple bucks, they use very efficient cheap speakers that can play down pretty low. Aftermarket speakers have a different purpose, all but the lowest end gear is designed for a system with a subwoofer.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Power6 is offline   Reply With Quote