gggplaya
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 139444
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza
Dark Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather2112 View Post
The EVO's MPG is embarrassing. I understand its a performance oriented car, but good god. With today's technology there is no reason it should see nearly 30mpg on highway.

I was unaware of how poor the 3000gt sold. I always thought it was a really col car. I think if they offered an NA eclipse around 17k and a fully loaded awd turbo for around 27k I think it would sell well.

The wrx really has a market of its own in my opinion. Its not as expensive as an evo or STI, it delivers good performance for they everyday driver and there doesnt seem to be any other awd car like it in its price range.

I was really excited to see the brz come out. But after driving in one, I was really disappointed. Yes it handles great, is small and sporty, but it just lacks any thrill in my opinion. I still think the 02 wrx gave me more thrill than the brz.

While the STI an EVO are cool cars, im just not impressed with todays options of cars for $35k and under. I want to see something new and exciting.
The 3000gt was a cool car, but cool doesn't make it sell. With a price tag that competes with the V8 mustang and camaro but only having a v6, the really heavy weight of the 3000gt and the lack of horsepower compared to competitors. The only thing that sold it was looks alone. The VR-4 version was quite expensive even in it's day and price well above the v8 mustang and camaro. It didn't sell well at all.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
gggplaya is offline   Reply With Quote