Scooby Newbie

Member#: 308299
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Premium
Dark Grey Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeoporta View Post
chris223,

it wil be a while before most radios support the iphone 5 connector, in the case of the pioneer's you can't get any graphics or vids at the moment. BT audio as well as BT hands free works so as long as you don't need to plug in the 5 via its connector then you are ok. For 500 you should be able to get a top of the line unit. Crutchfield is very expensive, so I would recommend either amazon or going to a local audio shop or distributior and having them match the amazon price or the price directly from the manufacturer's website. This gives you an easy avenue for returns and also that 1 year warranty protection as well, the same as if you had ordered with crutchfield.
Unfortunately I don't have an iPhone at the moment, and like stated if I do get it... my music is still probably only going to be played via my OLD 30gb iPod video (since I'm ok with it just sitting in the car 24/7). Even when I get the iPhone 5 when I am able... I'll only want hands free calling via BT. Videos aren't a big deal. I would assume though since it doesn't support iPhone 5 it probably also wont support the new 5th gen iPod touch like I have? I think that uses the same OS?

Either way I think I have made up my mind and am going to go with this one - http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130X450...4#overview-tab

I went to the local audio shop and they were $499 compared to Crutchfield @ $449... but they said they would happily match the price. All in all they'll do that Pioneer unit for $570 installed if I want. That includes the steering wheel control interface. Doesn't seem like too bad a deal... and they said they'd pre-wire it for a subwoofer (I have my old sub sitting in my basement, when I am ready I'll just hook it up myself). Thanks for the suggestion and steering me away from single DIN, lol. It's good to see you have a similar Pioneer and have good things to say about it! NASIOC forums ftw, thanks guys.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Chris223 is offline   Reply With Quote