Scooby Newbie

Member#: 333203
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2012 Sport Premium
MBP 5 SPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
dont just do the front, the back one is junk too. I just replaced mine yesterday.

the front is easy enough to get with just a 12mm box end and a big screwdriver to get the gummy/squishy bushing out. when reinstalling drill/dremel (if you have access to a drill press) the hole in the washer out to 29/64" and you wont require any extra washers for reassembly. if you don't there might be a little slop (i used the Kartboy bushings)

for the rear, remove the heat shield, drop the drive shaft bearing (2 bolts) and you will have plenty of room to work with. no need to drop the transmission.

all together, 30-60minutes. it took me closer to 60 because it was the first time i had ever done it, next time i could probably do it in under 20 for both (i use airtools)
Just did mine a few hours ago but I hadn't seen this yet. I didn't drop the transmission, I did exactly what you did, just removed the heat shield. I did replace the rear bushing as well, but for the fronts, I didn't see any need to drill out the washer, if you could explain some more, maybe I should go back and do it? (I used Perrin bushings) If anyone is looking at doing this, my advice would be screw the new rear bushing in first as it makes it easier to align than if you screw in the front bushings then try to screw in the rear bushing.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
BrDb is offline   Reply With Quote