Scooby Newbie

Member#: 309675
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Premium
Lightning Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplicitRacingDesign View Post
How did they know it was 30% and not 35%? That's not really a huge difference to be able to tell 100% by eye. And I've personally never seen a shop pull out a tint meter and check (if they did, sucks for you) I could see if you had 20% or darker.
Like Mark said, this place must have pulled a tint meter. They did the inspection in there big repair garage and I didn't see whether they surely did or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonmcneely View Post
Let me know how this ends up. I'm in the same... err I mean I have a "friend" who may have just below legal tints too.
It's looking like I might have to rip it off. Mostly because this shop still did the full inspection and logged it all in the system. Might look shady if one shop failed me for tint and then a day or so later, another shop passed me... although it's really no different than if I rip my tint off today, get it inspected, then have tint reinstalled.
The system sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETacv View Post
You won't get charged again so long as you take it to the same shop and you've rectified the problem.
I understand that, and I may end up doing that. Just sucks to rip off my tint and pay $200+ to have it redone. (Obviously I'd have it redone a legal 35%)
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
radbitt is offline   Reply With Quote