Originally Posted by laxman2001
heatshield arrived today.
Shop says I need a new power steering pump though. And brake pads.
What do you guys like, anyway? Here's my list:
my OEMs are worn out, and trying to decide what to get. I definitely want something that performs as well if not better than my OEM pads, and while I wouldn't mind less dust it's not a dealbreaker. I doubt I'd care about noise at all.
Car is definitely a daily driver, but I'd like to get into autocross, maybe rallycross, and possibly a track day.
So after far too much googling and searching here, my list looks somthing like this:
1. OEM (good, but expensive)
2. Mu B Spec (almost as expensive as OEM, similar performance, maybe a bit less initial bite, less dust and noise)
3. Mu HC+ (even more expensive, more to the track side of things)
4. Ferrodo DS2500 (More toward the aggressive side, with plenty of dust)
5. HP+ (sounded like they were noisy and dusty, though presumably work well enough)
Do I have that about right? What do you guys suggest? I haven't seen much info on the HC+.
Just starting out in autox the OEM pads would be just fine. You probably won't even heat your brakes fully as short as the runs are.
For reference I did time trials consisting of 3-5 laps on a pretty lengthy 1:20ish course and the OEM pads were perfectly fine. This was in an 06 STi
Also something like HPS pads or Stoptech pads will be fine too if OEM is too expensive.