View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 08:02 AM   #316
GetTheLedOut
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 220305

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweezly View Post
Fair enough. My point was, mainly, that I don't see it being compared to the Focus ST. In the same way that not many people compare a WRX and a V6 Rav4.
You are aware that the Forest XT has a WRX motor, transmission, chassis, and AWD components; that in essence the Forester XT is nothing more than a WRX with a taller roofline?

Therefore it is fair/logical to compare/cross-shop a WRX and Forester. Therefore it is logical to compare a Forester XT to a Focus ST. I'd take a 2014 FXT over the Focus ST anyday as a daily driver. At least the FXT doesn't have a 20s time limit on power & torque, and in the snow or rain the FXT has AWD compared to the STs 1 wheel front drive "sports car" setup. Remember, the ST is heavy, on the order of 3200lbs and more depending on the options you put on it. The FXT weighs about 3200lbs even with sunroof, has paddle shifters to let the drive choose when to shift at what RPM. Just a simple protune and some decent tires and many kids in the STs that mommy and daddy bought are going to be like

That said, I'd consider the ST as daily driver simply because its economical and just fast enough in stock trim to keep up with the V6 Accords and Camrys of the world, and it's 6spd manual.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
GetTheLedOut is offline   Reply With Quote