WRXncrew
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 39970
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2008 LGT Spec.B
Quartz Silver Metalic

Help!
I have an '08 Legacy GT and got an uncut blank key with remote. Before cutting the key, I was able to reprogram the remote as per the instructions and it works fine for locking, unlocking, unlocking the trunk, and the panic. After the key was cut, the starter is now disabled. It's somehow in immobilized mode.

I tried to close all the doors and locked the car with the remote, then use the remote to unlock it, then after entering the car, close the doors and as soon as I put the key in the ignition the security light is solid and can turn the key to acc, on, and start, but it does nothing. Then I tried the 3 turns quick, and the starter will turn over, but the car fails to start.

I will try these steps with the cut key and report back my results:

1) Make sure everything is shut (same as other instruction).
2) Get in, sit down, shut door (same as other instruction).
3) Open and shut door (same as other)
4) Put key in Ignition and turn key from "lock" to "on" 10 times, and finish in "lock" (slightly different from described)
- no tones or flashing lights occur as described
5) Open and shut door
- a faint tone is heard
6) Enter numbers as directed. Push lock the number of times that equals the value, then unlock between each digit.
- a tone is heard for each press
7) After <unlock> of last digit of the first sequence, hit unlock an additional time.
- tone flutters
8) Reenter sequence.
- tone for each press
9) for additional remotes or to push other codes out skip to 9a)
10) Open and shut door
- long tone
11) Remove ignition key

9a) Open and shut door
9b) Enter first sequence as described above
9c) After <unlock> of last digit of the first sequence, hit unlock an additional time.
9d) Reenter sequence.
9e) Continue to step 10 or 9a
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by WRXncrew; 01-04-2013 at 02:50 PM. Reason: re-code the key for the immobilzer
WRXncrew is offline   Reply With Quote