NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 120
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
1997 Legacy 2.5GT
QuickSilver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnix View Post
My EZ30D engines (and wiring diagrams) show two knock sensors...
I stand corrected. I took another look and one of the mounting bosses on the driver side is clean, and there's been something cut off the wiring harness. So, it would appear that knock sensor was chopped off prior to my getting the engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoontwo View Post
Can you check the intake manifold compatibility between them just for fun if you remember?
I only have the EZ30D heads, so I can't do the swap you want me to do - EZ30D intake manifold on EZ30R engine.

As I said before, I tried that combination a few years back and it didn't work. As I look at the bits and pieces in my house, though, I think I remember what the issue is - the fuel rails. (By that I mean the lines that run from one side of the engine to the other, not the actual rails that mount on top of the fuel injectors.) The 30R fuel rails mount to the short block along with the wiring harness. The low-hanging humps on the bottom of the 30D intake manifold will interfere with the 30R fuel rails. The 30D fuel rails across the intake manifold in front of those low-hanging humps. The obvious answer would be to use the 30D fuel rails.

It may also be the coolant hard lines that were in the way - you can see those as well in the picture I linked above. As previously discussed in this thread, I seem to have a misfit engine when it comes to those hard lines, so maybe on a "normal" EZ30R those hard lines wouldn't be an issue?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Patrick Olsen is offline   Reply With Quote