gt601
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 308387
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
white

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdole888 View Post

So the difference between basic oil change and '7.5k maintenance' is just that they do a lot of checks.
Is there anyway that they could void my warranty because I chose not to have those checks? I only want to spend money on what is required and necessary.
I was quite unhappy that they tried to force me to pay for the extra checks.
But I did insist on doing only oil change.

Unfortunately for me, there are 2 dealers near me and both seem to be equally scummy.

I'll have to look for independent shops for future service.
If you find a good shop to do your services it will be in their best interest to look over the car when they do even an oil change. When I was working on cars I always drove the car before and after an oil change. While the oil was draining you do a quick look under the car. Wiggle the wheels for loose tie rods/ball joints/bearings. Look at exhaust,tire wear, cv boots, leaks (if any) and other misc stuff. You can also peek at the brake pads and get a good idea of wear without pulling the wheels. I always noted anything seen on the service order so that the customer can see what is needed either now or in the future. The customer would always be charged for just the oil change and you would hope that they would come back for more if they need anything. A shop that tries to push the customer into doing the work immediately unless it is a safety issue should be avoided.
Just a few pointers.

Paul
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
gt601 is offline   Reply With Quote