Old 01-05-2013, 05:18 PM   #15
Jack
Add Lightness

Member#: 13699
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2007 Lotus Elise
(From General)

You need to rethink changing insurance if you think you'll get a better adjuster. I've had adjusters here for when people run into me or my wife (which is about once a year). Most of them have been contractors. Commercial Union, Quincy Mutual were my companies. You might end up changing companies and having the exact same adjuster showing up.

The other thing is that you should not be worrying about the cost of the repair. Find out who their preferred shops are. I had a hard time finding a shop that wasn't on their list. I get everything done at the Foreign Motors West body shop in Ashland. Since they do plenty of Mercedes, BMW and Rolls Royce, I figure they have some clue. I drop it off. Estimate might be $1200. By the time they find hidden dammage or can't find a part used and have to buy it new, it's $3200. I pay my deductable and they work with the insurance company. I had them bring in a PDR guy to do some dents in the door of my wife's outback last time we were in. Worked great and I was quite happy with the work.

In case you didn't look my recommendation up.....look into an independent agent. Like 85% of all drivers in Massachusetts use....and they are not tied to one company, so when one company gobbles another and becomes ********, they warn you and find a better company faster than you would ever know that the problem existed. I have no connection except for being happy with my independent agent.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote