Member#: 218827
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2008 STi
Canyon Dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashcarr View Post
Here are my two vanity plates.

Originally, the lady at the Ohio state dept of motor vehicles DENIED my plate "STIFTW" because she said it meany "F*%K the World". Funny, I told her it meant "Free the Whales". "FTW" is very amiguous but alas, she wouldn't even budge. Even after 2 phone calls back and forth with her. I gave up to the man. So a few months later I am at Import Face Off and see a Honda Civic with the plate "K20 FTW". I get a bit pissed off, and fire off a nice letter to the director off the Ohio state dept of motor vehicles demanding why my requested plate was denied (since K20FTW was OK) and to show me what the law actually states about aconyms and assigning plates. I also asked that the Honda K20FTW plate be revoked if I couldn't have mine (dick move I know, but Honda Civics suck anyway). I never even expected a reply to be honest, I figured my letter would be lost in the beauracratic red tape shuffle. 3-4 weeks later they wrote me back and basically admitted that the state worker did not even follow the actual law (must be obviously bad aconym to be disqualified and FTW did not meet the criteria) and should have given me the plate that I had requested. She was going by her own personal ideals and not following the letter of the actual law. Clown. 3 days later, another envelope arrived with "STIFTW" and a new registration for my car, all at no charge. LOFOZ is my lowered daily. ANd the Civic gets to keep their plate too. Lol.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Thomsenc is offline   Reply With Quote