View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #30
WDodd
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 246133
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STi
WR Blue Pearl

There are rumors of lots of new tires coming out this year... If I were you I'd wait for few weeks (3-4) before ordering to see how things change.

For example:
BFG unofficially announced a new tire at the Solo Nationals banquet. (Probably 1st quarter, also BFG is part of Michelin who makes the Pilot Super Sport which is awesome)

Bridgestone RE11A has been out in Japan for a year and will come here in select sizes. Faster than RE11, which was the hot tire a couple years ago. (I'm sure it will be pricey like the RE11 is though.)

Dunlop ZII is coming 1st quarter and will be a tad faster than Z1, according to their marketing blurbs. I'm personally very intrigued by these because the ZI is such a great all around tire (and if I were you making a decision to buy a tire right now I'd go with the ZI or pre-order the ZII).

Kumho has the V720, which despite the name is not a successor to the V710 r-comp, but instead a replacement for the XS. The XS has been good in the dry but reportedly awful in rain.

Falken is still in the rumor stage, and the rumor I've heard is a successor to the 615K which I really like.

Give any of those tires a search and you'll find more information about it. In my opinion, now is definitely not the time to buy an UHP summer tire for next year
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
WDodd is offline   Reply With Quote