Scooby Newbie

Member#: 318301
Vehicle:
2012 CVT Sport Prem
Ice Silver Metalic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehnm View Post
Sounds like another issue with the cvt.
Another issue? I'm still looking for one. One case of over heating doesn't make it an instant issue for all CVTs. A few cases of not getting the estimated MPGs doesn't make it an issue for all CVTs either. Forums are for complaints and you get far fewer praises.

I'm happily getting the Estimated MPGs here in Minneapolis/St.Paul even with the cold temps and zero CVT issues.

I love the CVT. Granted its a fairly new technology and I'm still hoping for the best long term. And I'm not saying some true issue might show up later down the road.

Note that Subaru Automatic Trannys have almost always had higher MPG ratings compared with the manual. I don't know about the new Impreza but for older subies, the AWD is handled different between them. Automatic Tranny had a electronic center diff to engage the AWD and under normal operation (no-slip) its mostly front wheel drive. Some say 90%/10% and i've also heard 80%/20%. With the manual transmission its a mechanical center diff, and is 60%/40% or 50%/50% and is more of a constant AWD car with I'd imagine more drag.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
jd_24 is offline   Reply With Quote