Looks like we started seeing this on our 4 month old 2013 Impreza so I wanted to post my notes which I have provided to my dealer in Toronto. The car is parked outside all the time and is driven daily. We only use the recommended fuel (no high octane fuel).
To describe the issue this morning:
- Turned car on and Dash reading -8 Celsius.
- All dash lights light up and car radio indicator reports subaru, no warnings.
- Crank car over first time and engine turns over a couple times and did not starting.
- Wait a couple seconds and crank car over 2nd time and not starting.
- Crank car over 3rd time and it starts and runs for 20 seconds and shuts off.
- We then waited 15 minutes (while I looked under the hood:
- Checked battery pole to make sure tight (notice it is not greased)
- Checked Oil and fluids (looks good ... engine oil at first indicator)
- Made sure no loose wires
- Checked gas cap to make sure tight.
7. Turned car on and waited 2 minutes (made sure to listen for fuel pump to complete cycle). The car now started and idled high for 1.5 minutes.
I will follow up if I get a solution (As I am waiting for feedback from the service advisor).