xluben
Scooby Guru

Member#: 261612
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
10.9s @ 126mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlRex11 View Post
That sounds perfect than. I would dab some grease on the shoulder bolt where it contacts the u joint even though it's probably not necessary. It might squeak later on though. Any luck with the adjustment?
I'll see about greasing it. I think it depends on how tight it ends up. The OEM setup is pretty sloppy and doesn't need any grease. If I want it to have less play then I'll probably put a little lube on it.

I haven't played with the adjustment. I am hoping that the nut just backed off and the rod didn't actually rotate (which I think is likely). Then I can just tighten the nut back down and it will be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrumlev View Post
That honestly sounds like a better option than OEM....lol This happened to a friend's e90 335xi (with a c clip). We did a very similar thing and used a spare c clip off a wastegate I had lying in the garage.
Yep, I think it is. I talked with some of the design group at work (I am an engineer) and they agreed with my thought that a shoulder bolt is the ideal solution. Their thought was that cotter pin was simply a cost cutting measure (same with the c-clip).
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
xluben is online now   Reply With Quote