xluben
Scooby Guru

Member#: 261612
Vehicle:
2012 Forester 2.5X
2002 WRX Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by climbhigh09 View Post
I work with harsh environment designs all the time and have seen nylon lock nuts fail fairly often. The interior of the car isn't too bad- no solar or solvents, but the temp range is fairly broad and cycles daily. So, no nylon locks on my scoobs if I can avoid it, loc-tite or a different mechanical stop-gap.

You should be able to google the clutch throw adjustment pretty easily. I know I saw it in the tech site, but it doesn't look like I saved that page.

Nice save with the fam in tow.
Thanks for the input. The interior of the car isn't a very harsh environment, so I'm not too worried about it. The temp inside the car can dip a bit below freezing in the winter, and may get up to 100F or a little higher in the summer, but during operation the driver foot area is going to be very well controlled in the 70F range. Overall I don't think that is too extreme.

The only real stress it will see is vibration and the nylon should do fine against that. Over time I suppose it could dry out, harden, and crack, but I think that is a long ways off. I'll definitely keep an eye on it, and loctite it in place if need be. I adjusted the linkage on the rod, but I didn't use any guide. I just did what seemed right.

I'll have an update on the work I did tonight in a few minute here...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote