xluben
Scooby Guru

Member#: 261612
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
9.9s @ 140mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLEX'N WRX View Post
Glad that annoyance was dealt with. Definitely improved linkage.
I agree. It's better than before, and I got the adjustment much better too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by climbhigh09 View Post
Actually, the temp in your car (even with your new tint and northern location) probably breaches 200 in the summer; hence all the dead dogs in cars. Still well within the nylon rating though. And no one gets hurt if that part fails (as you demonstrated already), so it's nbd. Just don't put one on your steering linkage too ;-)

Sure seems like the fella the replaced your master bent the hell out of that bracket to get it out and did a half a$$ job putting it back together. It's hard for someone who does that work everyday to be as dedicated to your car as you will be, assuming the skill is comparable between you and him. I can't even take my car in for an oil change anymore- too many minor mistakes like that just end up taking more of my time to correct than it's worth (spillage, overfills, stripped pan, etc.).
I usually crack my windows on the hot days if I park outside, so it is rarely unbearably hot in my car, but I suppose some high temps are possible. Unlikely it would be anything that would cause a failure of that locking bolt though.

I agree about having other people work on your car. I believe this was the first and last time that someone else did any work on my car. I cringe to think what goes on behind closed doors at any shop...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote