Scooby Newbie

Member#: 35985
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
05 Legacy GT Wagon
G37xS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub!eDr!ver View Post

Re: A4/325/G37 comment: That's what I really like about the '05-09 Legacy - it aspired towards up-market, but the '10+ shifted back towards Camry/Accord. That's probably another reason for lost interest in the GT (that, and the cable-operated shifter, and the non-sporty looks, and little marketing (aside from the hood-scoop ad), and...).

So, SOA Blog, here's what I think happened: the '05-09 models pushed the boundaries of near-luxury, bringing Legacy buyers upmarket, then the Legacy back-pedaled and moved back down-market, Legacy buyers didn't want to move back down-market, so we then started looking at Audi & BMW instead of following the Legacy back down.

The downside for us enthusiasts still in the Subaru fold is that mainstreaming the Legacy has been rather successful for bringing in new buyers, meaning that Subaru will probably continue that trend.

Ditto! I loved my 05 Legacy GT limited wagon. It was reasonably upscale and classy looking with utility and performance at a reasonable price. I regretfully sold it a couple of years ago and am starting to look for a replacement for my current ride.......and there's nothing at all that interests me that is a wagon,is sporty looking, has AWD, looks good, 250hp or better and is less than 35K. So now I find myself shopping the used car sites looking for a well maintained 05-07 Legacy GT limited wagon.

The 10' Legacies were definitely a move to appeal to the Camry/Accord crowd of which I do not aspire to belong to...

Sorry, no question for you here....just some rambling rant........
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
legacy_etu is offline   Reply With Quote