I will chime in a bit
1. the upper window trim is only sold as a complete unit person & even with a good discount, its $200 PER SIDE.
2. the lower trim where the body meets the window is held
in place on '02-'05 models for sure with a single screw at the back of each door and then it just slides on. They are about $50ea X4 Sedan/wagon same fronts & rears
3. if the surface is pitted/scaled, or scared I would sand it downwith something semi aggressive to level the surface then primer with a filling/build primer. 2-good coats till the surface is totally flat, then same with 600 ready for paint. don't forget plastics adhesion promoter like Bull Dog.
4. I forget the guy's name he is on here with a wicked nice flat-tan GC and he did all his trim in bedliner and used the textured roller it turned out cool as hell. I think that's what I am doing on my wagon. either that or the spray bedliner with can held back about 12" from the parts.
5. Wrapping would work, could get crazy with colors and/or paterns. surface nick, pits/chips need fixed to at least primer stage, preferably even just flat black rattle can to seal the repairs.
6. I need to get a repair manual diagram of how the upper window trim is installed to see how it comes off. My wipers, wiper cowl plastic, side mirror bases, roof rack delete strips, and all window trim is all showing how tough Texas Summers can be. So I am going to do ALL the exterior black items in some sort of texture semi-gloss black. to contrast my soon carbon roof panel.