gggplaya
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 139444
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza
Dark Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkerekes View Post
Permits have nothing to do with log books. Who is going to actually check or prove you have or havent stopped in 3 hours? Flatbed or not NO ONE does it and i dont believe its actually a rule anymore.

Either way a tax based on miles is going to raise the price on everything. We add a fuel surcharge for every delivery even if its 1 case.
Actually my statement about permits was to show integration of computers and internet into the cab of an 18 wheeler. Which is when the started e-logs. But you are wrong, weigh stations always random check permits and logs. Police always check logs if you drive irradically, have an accident, or sometimes just because if you get pulled over for something else. Permits specify a very specific route and states traveled. They will back log you for anything suspicious to make sure you didnt fudge your log books like you drove an extra 2-3 hours at night, or on the weekend etc....

As for 150 miles or 3 hours, thats in the CDL manual and i took the test 2 years ago, so obviously truck drivers are lazy if the dont follow the rules. No wonder equipment falls off and kills people. That rule is well known at my company, we"re encouraged to buy fuel or a candy car so we have a receipt showing we stopped.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
gggplaya is offline   Reply With Quote